Little inexpensive clear vinyl covered pocket calendars can go from ho-humm functional – to oh-so-cute in a matter of minutes. The pocket calendars with the clear removable covers can be found in almost any store that sells office supplies, and can occasionally be found at “dollar stores”.
- 2 slices of a Moda Layer Cake (2 – 10″ x 10″ squares). Snippets by American Jane featured.
- 1 pocket calendar with clear vinyl removable cover
- Iron-on Adhesive for fabric (example, Heat n Bond Lite)
3. Iron on the adhesive (according to manufacture’s instructions) – bumpy side down, paper side up – to the WRONG side of your fabric. Leave yourself a 1/4” clearance near the edge of your fabric and the adhesive so you don’t fuse your project to your ironing board.
6. Place your calendar over your fused fabric unit, at least a 1/2″ in from the side and bottom. This will insure your sandwiched unit will be fused on all four sides (this will help prevent fraying). Mark the four corners of the calendar with a pencil as a cutting guide.
One package of Moda Layer Cakes will yield 20 reversible calendar covers. Make 20 to give to your friends, family, co-workers and the appointmently challenged … or keep them for yourself to alternate with your mood, fashion/desk accessories or season.
You can take your personalized cover a step further – and embellish your cover with fused/ironed on applique pieces. Your iron is your oyster. Something like that.
Happy Days! And months. And year…