A sweet little quilt to use as a baby quilt, car quilt, table topper or adorn on a wall.
All seams ¼”
1 pkg. Chez Moi Swanky Turnovers (80 – 6″ triangles)
1¼ yd. Chez Moi Swanky – Highland Park PEACOCK (16034-13)
¼ yd. Moda Bella Solids – LEMON (9900-131)
1 yd. Flag Day Farm solid – IVORY (14620-11)
2¾ yds. backing fabric
51″ x 51″ batting
From LEMON, cut:
4) 1½” strips for inner boarder
From IVORY, cut:
25) 6″ squares for waffle blocks
–> sub-cut each square diagonally to yield 50 triangles
From PEACOCK, cut:
5) 4½” strips for outer border
5) 2¼” strips for binding
Each Turnover has a matching twin, and are conveniently paired together in the Turnover pack.
Gather 25 twins (50 total) of the small/medium scale prints for waffle blocks.
Gather 14 twins (28 total) of the large scale prints for setting triangles and corners.
7) From the 28 large scale SWANKY Turnover triangles, join 24 of them (chop suey style… do not match them with their twin) – to make 12 setting triangles. Note: The remaining 4 triangles of the 28 – you will use for your setting corners.
13) Because you are working with bias edges, everyone’s touch is a little different – and finished center quilt my vary a tad in size. Your finished quilt center will determine what size to cut your borders. From the center of your quilt center, measure horizontally. Cut your top and bottom LEMON inner border strips to this measurement. Pin to top and bottom. Join. Press.
14) On the quilt’s center, measure vertically from top to bottom. This will be your measurement for your side’s inner and outer borders. Join LEMON inner border to side PEACOCK outer border. Make two. Pin in place to quilt center. Join. Press.
15) From the center of your quilt center, measure horizontally. Take 3 PEACOCK outer border strips and join end to end to make one long strip. Sub-cut long PEACOCK strip into two border strips to this measurement. Pin to top and bottom. Join. Press. Done!
Layer with batting and backing, baste and quilt as desired. Bind. Snuggle.
The finished Belgian Waffle quilt measures approximately 45″ x 45″.
Strawberries and whipped cream optional – but highly recommended!