Oh Cherry Oh Tablerunner

*2 charm packs – featured here is Oh Cherry Oh by Me and My Sister
*2~5″ x 20″ strips of Moda Bella Solids ( I used color 98)

*8 Coordinating buttons
*1 yard of your favorite rick rack or trim.

*Choose 24 of your favorite charms. Lay them out in 6 rows of 4 charms, sew in to rows (4 charms) until you have completed all 6 rows. Then press the seams for the rows ~1 row right~ 2nd row left and repeat this for all 6 rows

*then join your rows together (this should be 4 charms wide 6 charms long)

*Now choose 8 more charms ~this will be your prairie points. Fold charm diagonally (point to point) and press

*fold over one more time diagonally and press again,

*then pin the prairie point to the end of the runner and baste on with about 1/8″ seam. Points must be facing the center of the runner.

*Now cut the white fabric 5″ x 20″ and sew to the end of the runner (this seam will catch your prairie points

*now press the white & the prairie points, so now the points should be pointing to the edge of the runner.

*Now its time to add the trim and the buttons. Sew an 18″ piece of your favorite trim across the seam that joins the white/prairie points to the charm squares. Then add your favorite buttons to the ends of the points.

*I added my embellishments after my runner had been quilted, it depends on who is quilting for you when you add these. This is such a fun runner to make! Quilt and bind as desired! You are done my friend!

This makes a bright cheery tablerunner that is sure to brighten your day. Measures 18″ x 36. Have fun with it and be creative!

Enjoy!
Nadine thematerialgirlsquilting

Latest posts by Nadine Woodraska (see all)

0 comments on “Oh Cherry Oh Tablerunner

1. Micki says:

That’s a beautiful table runner. It is very cheery and lovely!Micki

2. Donna says:

I just ordered this charm pack … maybe I’m psychic! I guess I’ll have to make this!

3. Do you know how obsessed I am with oh cherry oh fabric!!! I LOVE this runner. I have a charm pack coming in the mail hopefully soon of oh cherry oh and was planning making a table topper, maybe it will be this runner.LOVE IT..good job and thanks for sharing.Jill :o)

4. madrekarin says:

Darling!! That would be a perfect Mother’s Day gift. 🙂

5. Very cute and creative.

6. Neabear says:

Are there steps missing here? I was curious about the prairie points. First it shows the fold right sides together. I am not sure how to get it to the finished look of the praire point from there. I have never done prairie points before, but from looking at the pictures, it looks like it should start wrong sides together press, then fold again and press. That right sides together picture throws me off. Does this have a layer of batting before doing the quilting part? It is a very cute pattern. Do you actually use two charm packs? How much is needed for the binding? Sorry for all the questions. I happen to have the Oh Cherry Oh charm pack and plan to make this one.

7. This is absolutely adorable!!! I love the fun, bright colors in the “Oh Cherry Oh” line.

8. The Wallin's says:

I absoultely LOVE IT!!!! how cute! This is a must make! Thanks

9. Carmie says:

Wow! So cute and vibrant. And I love the buttons you used!!

10. artycrafty says:

wonderful project! thank you.

How would you go about making a circle table – table runner? As I have a circle dinner table.

11. Small House says:

LOVE THIS!! Thanks for the step by step instructions. I want to make the pin cushions, and then this has got to be next!!!
    Thanks again.
    Sandra

12. CJ says:

I am echoing Neabear’s questions. Why does this take two charm packs? For a beginner it doesn’t tell you anything about yardage for the backing or binding or batting. Sure is cute though! 😀

13. LilyHaven says:

Totally darling! Thank you for the tutorial.

14. Cris says:

beaytiful colours for a beautiful work

15. happy zombie says:

Oh Nadine – it’s so adorable!

16. Maria says:

I love this!!! Actually the first thing I thought of when I looked at was, “That would be a really cute binder cover!” I have the fat quarter bundle. It just hasn’t talked to me yet!