Designed by Vickie Eapen
• 2 Charm packs of Sweet by Urban Chiks
• 1 1/4 yard background fabric Moda Bella Solid Snow sku# 9900-11
• 2 yards border Sweet Sugar Creamsicle sku# 31056 28
• 4 yards backing Spots Cream Bright sku#31054 11
• 1 yard Sweet Candy Stripe Gumdrop sku#31057 17 bias binding
• Sizzix Die cutter & Circle #1 and/or other 4 inch acrylic circle template (Omnigrid)
• Clover large orange Yo-Yo maker
• Batting 55 X 55 inches
Gather all your supplies, 2 charm packs of Sweet, a 4 inch circle cutter or template, and background fabric.
I used a Circle #1 for the Original Sizzix machine to cut my circles. I can cut 5 charms at a time. I know there are several other companies that make die cutting machines (Accu-Cut) and templates (Omnigrid), if you do not have access to a Sizzix. As long as it is a 4 inch diameter circle it will work.
• cut 36 charm circles for the blocks
• cut 25 charm circles for the yo-yo’s
• cut (36) 6.5 inch background fabrics
• layer the circles onto the backgrounds and pin in place.
• sew around the circle edge with a 1/4 inch seam for all 36 blocks. Leave a raw edge.
Once the main quilt is sewn then prepare the yo-yo’s for applique.
• Cut 4 strips of orange border fabric approximately 6 inches X 48 inches
• Then sub cut 2 of the 4 strips 6″ X 36″
This quilt was custom by Jackie in CT. She quilted the swirls in the circle centers and meander around the yo-yo’s. The raw edges of the circles were NOT quilted to allow them to fray a bit for added dimension.
A quilt about 47 X 47 inches.