by Vickie E
• Spring Magic Charm Pack by April Cornell
• 2/3 yard border, binding & backing Spring Magic Trail Tulip sku # 35134 11
• 1/2 yard background Mill House Inn Clotted Cream sku# 20115 18
• Kyoto bamboo batting 21 X 21 inches
• Large Clover yo-yo maker
• Invisafil thread by Wonderfil
• cut background fabric 15.5 inches by 18.5 inches
• make 23 yo-yo’s with the large Clover yo-yo maker and 4 inch circles (charm squares work perfectly for these).
• Evenly space the yo-yo’s across the 18.5 inches.
• approximately 3.5 inches from one center of a yo-yo to the next.
• and 1.5 inches from the corners of the background.
• Using the invisifil thread and a buttonhole stitch, stitch around the outer edge of all the yo-yo’s
I started making yo-yo’s for my Candy Buttons Quilt and just kept going. I love to have projects to take with me for over lunch break, at doctors appointments etc. These were a perfect take along. Once I had the yo-yo’s made….the rest sewed together in a few hours! Including the quilting. While making the pictures for this tutorial I stumbled upon placing on the back of my newer IKEA chair…it’s as if it were made for it…and that’s where it will stay.