Trick-or-Treat, smell my sheets (sheets of Moda Layer cakes!). Itty bitty little versions of my Poochie Bag pattern. Fast and fun little bags to hold Halloween treats, sweets and goodies. Or maybe office goodies, thread, sewing notions, embroidery floss, seed packets, stickie note packages, etc.
Using fabric ribbon for the handles, these little puppies sew up speedy fast. Well, faster then the regular sized Poochie Bags. Faster then knitting a bag this size. Way faster then cooking dinner.
- 3) Layer Cake slices (10" x 10") - Happy Campers by American Jane featured.
- Assorted ⅜" wide fabric ribbon
1. From green print Layer Cake slice; Cut in half for 2) 5" x 10" pieces for bag/liner.
2. From brown print Layer Cake; Cut 2) 2½" x 8" for pockets. Save and set aside remainder - use for pocket on second bag.
3. From fabric ribbon; Cut 2) 15" strips for handles.
4. Fold all pieces length to length. Press. Unfold green print and lay flat.
5. Position folded brown print on center of green print so raw edges meet.
6. Center a 15" piece of fabric ribbon at 1⅛" from each side on top of pocket. Pin.
7. Edge-stitch ribbon down by starting at the raw edge, edge-stitching up to the fold on the green print fabric, across the ribbon's width, then back down to the raw edge. Repeat on ribbon's other end/side of pocket. Make two units.
8. Place units right sides together. Pin. Starting at green pin on the non-pocket end (this end will become the bag's liner), sew around unit with a ¼" seam, stopping at the red pin - leaving a 3" opening for turning. Use a back-stitch to lock ends.
9. Snip off the corners just above the seam to reduce bulk. Repeat on all corners.
10. Turn bag inside out. Pin open edges closed.
11. Close turning opening by top-stitching it's edge closed.
12. Tuck liner portion of green print inside bag, and voila... Itty Bitty Poochie Bag is ready to be filled.
Three sheets of a layer cake yield two Itty Bitty Poochie Bags.
Sew and tell... Join and add your Itty Bitty Poochie Bag photo to the Moda Bakeshop flickr pool and the Poochie Bag flickr pool.