Hello, I am Sandy Workman, owner of Pine Needles at Gardner Village and designer of Pine Mountain Designs. I am so excited to share with you my first Moda Bake Shop project! When we saw the Make Life quilt labels at market we fell in love with them and knew they would mix with the charm squares to make a darling quilt. I hope you enjoy making this Simply Silly Quilt!
1 - Make Life charm pack
1 - Make Life quilt label pack
1/3 yard inner border
2/3 yard outer border
1/3 yard binding
1 2/3 yard backing
6 make life buttons
Select and sort:
- In the Make Life charm pack there are 6 charm squares that are repeated. Select those prints and set aside.
- Use the remaining charm squares and the quilt labels to lay out your quilt center consisting of 7 rows with 6 squares in each row.
- From each of the 6 duplicate charm pack prints you previously set aside cut a large and a small flower. (I used the sizzix scallop circle cutter. If you do not have access to this you could cut a 2" and a 3 1/2" circle using scallop or regular pinking shears).
- From inner border print cut four strips 2 1/2" x width of fabric.
- From outer border print cut four strips 5" x width of fabric.
- Flower blocks: The flowers are sewn in place using a raw edge technique. Place the large flower in the center of charm square. Sew in place 1/2" from edge. Place small flower centered on large flower. Again, sew in place 1/2" from edge.
- Quilt Center: Sew charm squares and quilt labels together in rows 1 through 7 and then sew rows together to form quilt center.
- Inner Borders: Sew 2 1/2" inner border strips to sides. Press. Trim away excess. Sew 2 1/2" inner border strips to top and bototm of quilt. Trim away excess.
- Outer Borders: Sew 5" outer border strips to sides of quilt. Press. Trim away excess. Sew outer border strips to top and bottom of quilt. Press. Trim away excess.
- Quilt and bind.
- Attach Make Life button in the center of each flower. Enjoy!
1 - 40" x 44" quilt