July 4th is just around the corner and to help celebrate our independence, I have made up these quick and easy Firecracker Treats that are sure to put a smile on any kid, young or old. This is a great project to get your kids involved in and recycle all those empty toilet paper rolls and leftover layer cake squares. Be sure to check out all my other Free Tutorials here.
Layer Cake Squares (1 for each firecracker)
Empty Toilet Paper Rolls
Treats (Candy, toys, stickers, etc)
Beaded Fringe, Ribbon, or Ric-rac
Sewline Glue Pen
1. Gather all your ingredients together... you will need one layer cake square (10" square) for each toilet paper roll.
2. Place 1 square wrong side up and place a toilet paper roll centered towards one end on its side.
3. Using your Sewline glue pen, apply some glue across the toilet paper roll.
4. Start rolling your fabric around the toilet paper roll. Continue to apply glue around the roll on the fabric until your fabric is completely rolled around the toilet paper roll. I overlapped my fabric to use the whole square. I did not cut anything off the square.
5. Seal off the end of the fabric to the roll using the glue stick and press firmly to make sure your fabric is stuck.
6. Using some decorative trim or ribbon, cut off approx. 6 inches to tie around each end.
7. Tie off one end of your firecracker to seal it.
8. Fill your firecracker favor with special treats or candy for that special person.
9. Using another piece of decorative trim or ribbon, tie off the other end of your favor.
1 Layer Cake will make 42 Firecrackers
Have a safe and happy July 4th!