Hello, I am super excited to be featured today! This is my first Moda Bake Shop design, and I hope you like it. I am Stacey from Maine, and I blog over at Stacey's Place. I sure hope you stop by my blog today to get to know me a little better, and for a special treat (did someone mention giveaway?!?).
5 Layer Cake Pieces, cut as follows:
2 exterior pieces 4 ½” x 8 ¼”
2 interior pieces 4 ½” x 8 ¼”
1 fusible fleece 3 ½” x 7 ¾”
4 décor bond interfacing 4 ½” x 8 ¼”
1 strap (exterior fabric) 6 ½” x 4 ½”
1 fusible fleece (for strap) 6 ½” x 1 ½”
Snap (or velcro)
for card slots:
2 interior pieces 5” x 4 ½”
2 exterior pieces 6” x 4 ½”
2 interior pieces 7” x 4 ½”
- With your interior piece and one small, medium, and large card slot piece, place a large piece on top of the interior piece. Match raw edges. Place a medium piece on top of the large one. Place a small one on top of the medium. Sew a ¼” seam to attach the slots to the interior piece. Repeat on the other side.
- With your strap piece, fuse fusible fleece to the wrong side about 1” in from the edge. Fold your 1” piece wrong side onto the fleece. Fold the other piece in half, and fold again and match to the other side. Edge-stitch down the side, making sure you fold the end under. Edge-stitch and then edge-stitch down the other side.
- Place your exterior piece and your interior piece on top of each other. Make sure the side you are using for the outside of your wallet is on the bottom. Make sure your interior piece is laying with the card slots facing up. In between these two pieces is going to be your money slot.
- This is where I mock fold, to see where the strap goes, and where to place my snaps. On the exterior piece, fasten on the outside (through your side opening) where you want your bottom snap to be located. Follow manufacturer's directions for snaps.
- Now fold your wallet in half and snap together. Adjust your strap to where it looks right. Pin in place.
- All done, now you have a super cute wallet, from a easy and fast pattern, Enjoy!!
1 super cute wallet!