Hello fellow quilters! It's Crystal Hendrix from Hendrixville! When I first saw this line of fabric, I fell in love!! Isn't Terrain such a lovely mix of beautiful patterns and jewel tones?? I am pleased to give you not just one but TWO quilt!
3 Layer Cakes - Terrain by Kate Spain
1 Jelly Roll - Basic White
4 1/2 yards - Any fabric from line - backing for quilt #1
3 1/2 yards - Any fabric from line - backing for quilt #2
*Binding will come from the Jelly Roll
1. Find 56 "layer pieces" that will be then become our "Main Blocks".
2. Cut these down to be 9 3/4" square.
3. Next you can now find 42 "layer pieces" that you will then cut into 4- 5" squares making them your
4. Find now 26 "layer pieces" and cut hem into 2 -5" squares. These will be your "Border blocks" now.
5. Lastly you will need 4 separate 5" squares to be your "Corner Blocks". These squares can be leftovers from your "Border Blocks"- just make sure that your corner blocks are a different pattern and color than the neighboring "Border Blocks".
***The hardest part of this quilt is keeping everything organized and labeled. I have found that a little piece of masking tap works best. I labeled my blocks by rows and then by the number block of that row, IE. A1, A2 and so forth and B1 and B2. Get the idea? If you do label your rows and blocks it will make everything run a lot smoother and faster for you. ***
c). Pin the other two down.
Baste and quilt as desired. Use your Jelly Roll leftovers as your binding. There should be enough for both of your quilts. If you are a little short, use your remaining layer cake pieces.
I hope you enjoy these quilts as much as I do! Please send me an email (email@example.com) with pictures of your beautiful creations!