My name is Erica and I blog over at Kitchen Table Quilting and I am so excited to share this quilt with you. Road 15 is such an inspiring collection and this was such a fun and quick quilt to put together. I hope you enjoy the tutorial!
2 Road 15 jelly rolls
2/3 yard Road 15 print for binding
2.5 yards Moda Bella in Gray
5 yards Road 15 print for the backing fabric
1. Take 72 strips from your jelly rolls and put them into pairs. You want each pair to have one lighter strip and one darker strip so that there is good contrast between them.
2. Cut each jelly roll strip in half at the fold.
3. Take one half from each jelly roll strip and piece them together along the long edge. I didn't pin my strips, but it is important to try piece these as accurately as possible.
9. Sew them into pairs.
12. Subcut these strips into pieces that are 2.5"x8.5". You should be able to get five 8.5" pieces from each WOF strip.
13. Sew a one 8.5"x2.5" strip between each set of blocks and continue joining the blocks until you have diagonal columns. There should be a single block in the top left corner, then 3 blocks, 5 blocks, 7 blocks, 9 blocks, 11 blocks, 11 blocks, 9 blocks, 7 blocks, 5 blocks, 3 blocks, until you get back to just 1 block in the bottom right corner.
- 2 strips 20" long
- 2 strips 35" long
- 2 strips 55" long
- 2 strips 75" long
- 2 strips 95" long
- 1 strip 115" long
16. Once you have added the sashing, piece together the diagonal rows.
17. Trim the edges to make the quilt square.
18. Baste, quilt, and bind as desired.
An almost-twin sized quilt that is about 72"x85".
I think he likes it, what do you think?