Hi, I’m Cathy from aquiltingchick.blogspot.com and I’m excited to share this pattern today. For this project, I’m using “Hi-De-Ho” by Me and My Sister Designs. I’ve always loved the look of the delectable mountain block but really didn’t like the limits of the oblong design. I trimmed it up and added corner squares, played with the layout a bit, and came up with wonderful pattern! It will be a perfect quilt for Spring or for any little girls room. This is a fat quarter and layer cake friendly quilt pattern. You can get the PDF version at the end of this post. Let’s get started!
This quilt finishes at 75″ x 90″.
(1) Fat Quarter Bundle OR (2) matching Layer Cakes (Hi-De-Ho by Me and My Sisters Designs)
4-1/2 yards background fabric (white Bella Solid)
1-1/2 yards coordinating solid for flower centers (Robin’s Egg Blue Bella Solid)
6 yards backing fabric
- Cut a total of (60) 10″ squares, 2 from each of 30 different fat quarters, or pull 30 matching pairs from your layer cakes. Draw a diagonal line on the back of each square from corner to corner.
- Cut (60) 10″ squares of your background fabric.
- Cut (240) 2″ squares of your coordinating solid. Again, draw a diagonal line on the back of each square, from corner to corner.
- Take one square of focus fabric and pin right sides together with one square of your background fabric. Pair and pin all of your 10″ squares.
- Sew a scant 1/4″ seam on each side of the diagonal line of all of your paired sets.
- Cut on the diagonal line and press open.
- Square the half-square triangles (HST’s) up to 9-1/2″ square.
- Align your HST’s up as shown. Cut into (4) 2-3/8″ strips.
- Rearrange your strips as shown. Pin and sew together. Repeat for all of your HST’s.
- Your blocks will measure up to 9-1/2″ x 8″. Trim 3/4″ from the top and bottom to square the blocks up to 8″.
- Now pin one of your 2″ coordinating squares to the top right and the bottom left corners, as shown, right sides together.
- Sew ON the diagonal lines.
- Trim 1/4″ outside the sewn lines as shown.
- Press open.
- Now arrange (4) matching blocks to make a flower as shown. Pin and sew together to make one flower block.
- Arrange your flowers in a pleasing manner, five rows across, six rows down. Sew.
Makes (1) 75″ x 90″ quilt top. Layer with batting and backing and quilt as desired. This one is headed to the bed of a very special little girl! Where will yours go? Don’t you know someone that will love it? In my case it was several someones (but they all deferred to that one sweet little girl)! I hope you enjoyed making Delectable Flowers. Please feel free to stop by my blog and join in the fun!