Top 15 in 2015

Happy New Year, Moda Bake Shop readers! We are happy to celebrate the close of a fantastic and creative year and we look forward to all to come in 2016.

These were our most viewed posts of 2015

10 –Scrappy Irish Chain Quilt by Karin Vail

11-Stacks of Stars Quilt by Heidi Gwinn

12-Mountain Blossoms Quilt by Emily Bailey

13-Ladder Theory Quilt by Crystal Hendrix

14-Color Weave Quilt by Julie Hirt

15-Whirligigs Quilt by Brenna Goode

Tell us, which tutorial was your favorite? And what are you sewing up first in 2016?

Lisa Calle

I'm a pattern designer and founder of the Dallas MQG. My blog and pattern company are named Vintage Modern Quilts because I love the blending of opposites ā€” modern fabrics with a traditional pattern or the blending of reproduction fabrics with bright modern colors. I also work behind the scenes here at the Moda Bake Shop, acting as the Blog Editor.

Latest posts by Lisa Calle (see all)

This entry was posted in Events.

26 comments on “Top 15 in 2015

1. Carol Bucher says:

Building Blocks Quilt would make a great charity quilt. My first quilt to get finished this year is Three Tours of Duty. I have several unfinished projects to get finished plus a wedding quilt for one of my granddaughters for her May wedding.

2. Well…. first I need to complete a few project, then it’s onto Row by Row!

3. LaDonna says:

Gooseberry star patch!

4. Kathleen Charnell says:

Love “Stack of Stars” .It was hard to just pick 1

5. Judith Wyles says:

So hard to choose which one from all those there are so many that I like and some I have already tried.

6. QuiltShopGal says:

All your posts are inspirational, but did so love this won. Total #CreativeGoodness.

QuiltShopGal

7. They are all amazing, but my favorite remains the Chevrons with a Twist #5.I really love the warmth of it in color and the prints, but I especially love using a print from the line as the background! I prefer to use an original fabric from the selection rather than something outside the line if possible. It’s so amazing how the Moda designers create these masterpiece fabrics! With some quilts, a solid white (or gray, or color) plays well for negative space and definitions, like my second favorite, Tropical Punch. But my personal choice is something the designer created and I know matches!

I also love Chevrons! So versatile! It’s a great layout and the fancy applique really takes an easy quilt up a notch for anyone who wants to take the extra challenge!

Great pics, and congratulations to everyone who is in this selection! They are a fabulous 15!

8. Ria van Duuren says:

I love the sweet sixteen. Simple pattern, but with the choice of colours very nice. Could be my next project

• KC says:

Love the Sweet Sixteen quilt and will be making one using the True Luck fabric for my granddaughter who will be sixteen in November 2016.

9. jmnaatz says:

I’m going to work on WIPS this year AND I am signed up for a BOM and am stashing a red and white quilt.

10. DEBBY says:

Stack of Stars and the Rows quilts. Hard to pick. Finishing the second of two quilts made for good friends. Then it’s on to a quilt for the bottom bed of the trundle for our grand babies. It needs to be Crimson and Blue to match the Jayhawk theme in the bedroom.

11. Karen Ruzinsky says:

pixie sticks for me. It is mostly white, which is my favorite, with little dabs of color throughout.

12. Mary Lou says:

I finished All in a Row & FMQ on home machine – love love LOVE this pattern!

13. MARCIA says:

Whirligigs.

14. monkeyneedle says:

Star patch quilt is my favorite. I’m currently working on a wall hanging using some Allison Glass Ex Libris fabric

15. kathyinmn says:

Actually Lattice and Chains by Karin Vail was one of the stand outs for me. Such a great use of the Varsity fabric line. Here for those who want to see it: http://www.modabakeshop.com/2015/07/lattice-and-chains-quilt-2.html And Carrie Nelson’s jean bag (here: http://blog.modafabrics.com/2015/06/up-up-and-not-away/ ) guess that’s not a cutting table one though!!

16. Donna says:

I have 3 WIPs to complete and my group is doing a Round Robin. My favorite of the 15 is Stack of Stars, but they’re all great. Thinking about a series of star quilts ’cause I just love them.

17. […] follow a lot of quilting and patchwork blogs via RSS. Moda Bake Shop has a lot of free tutorials, working mostly with pre-cuts. Today they posted a list of the 15 most […]

18. younghomemakers says:

I made the Christmas Baubles wall hanging for my mother for this Christmas! You all had the perfect pattern I was looking for at the perfect time for me to make it for her! Thank you! LOVE your blog and thanks for the years of free patterns and tips and inspiration! šŸ™‚

19. Susan Robers says:

Hard to choose – lots of talent out there, but since we must choose – I really like Stacks of Stars. Thanks so much for sharing all these quilts and inspiration!

20. Anita Gran says:

Each one was awesome.

21. Congratulations chefs! Great projects!

22. Susanne says:

In the summer of 2014 I bought a 40 square pack of Woodland Summer Batiks from your cozy store. I have just finished sewing and cutting them for a (small) half square triangle quilt. Now I need to buy some more material for border pieces. Do you have the batiks by the yard??

23. Kath says:

I have been looking at the Scrappy Irish Chain Quilt for a few months now. Just love it!

24. Patti says:

I am making the Layer Cake Lemonade quilt for my daughter. It is 48″ x 61″ and I bought 31/4 yards for backing as the pattern says. Can anybody offer suggestions on how to cut and piece the backing? Thanks!

25. blg2240 says:

Mountain Blossoms makes me want to raid my stash and start sewing. Love the design and the different colors are like a field of wild flowers in a meadow in the Rocky Mountains. The Bake Shop is one of my favorite places to visit and I come for a visit at least once each week.