Bee-utiful QAL {Block 13 – Bee Romantic}

MBS-beeutiful-QAL-square-block-13

NOTE: This quilt-a-long has wrapped up. If you are looking for the full set of embroidery patterns and quilt assembly instructions, please visit the final post {here}.

This block has a special place in my heart. Not only was it one of the first blocks I shared from this bee-utiful quilt, it was also inspired by my wedding.

WeddingCollage

We had a small, intimate outdoor ceremony, complete with adorable vintage styling.

Pam&Daniel_00 Pam&Daniel_000 8 Pam&Daniel_ 3

The basket on this vintage bicycle was where our wedding gifts were collected.

Spoiler alert: I have no idea who this bicycle belongs to, or where it came from. LOL

And so, I used this sweet bicycle and my wedding flowers as my inspiration when drawing this block.

DSC_5350 DSC_5349 DSC_5348

Click {here} to download the PDF file for this block. I kept the instructions for the flowers pretty vague. Feel free to use my colors and stitches, or find your own inspiration! When sharing your blocks on social media, be sure to use the hashtags #beeutifulQAL, #beeromantic, and #summersewing camp.

-Pamela

{Sweet Little Stitches}

{QAL Facebook group}

{Instagram}

Pamela Morgan

Pamela Morgan

Mom to three rowdy boys and one princess, wife to one hot hunk of man-meat, binge-watcher of Netflix, and Diet Dew addict.
Pamela Morgan

Latest posts by Pamela Morgan (see all)

12 comments on “Bee-utiful QAL {Block 13 – Bee Romantic}

1. patgodkin says:

A new favorite block! Too cute and sweet for words!
    Love your vintage wedding photos too. How adorable you are!
    Husband so handsome.

2. sirkka says:

I love the bee serie and it get me lovely memories from past times 🙂

3. boilermom27 says:

Just found your quiltalong, it’s just lovely! Busy printing off patterns this morning!

4. Elmo95 says:

Your wedding dress was wonderful! I love the vintage style. I also love your Bee Romantic block, and the story behind it is just great.

5. Edie G says:

Reminds me of my first big-girl bike. Love it! Thanks for your lovely patterns.

6. Jenny Benton says:

That’s so sweet! I’ve just discovered your quilt-along too, after hearing about it on a blog or two. So I’ve merrily printed off the designs and hope to start stitching soon.
    Jenny from New Zealand

7. Pieta Laker-Ratcliff says:

I too have recently discovered your beautiful blocks. Thanks so much for sharing them.

8. Sandra D in Joliet says:

What pretty wedding pictures…..I happen to be making a Bicycle Quilt with blocks from this quilt and that quilt plus several embroidery patterns. This will be lovely in the BEE quilt and the Bicycle quilt so I have two to make! Thanks for the inspiration and pattern

9. 2nana50 says:

I love your embroidery design of the bicycle. I ride a cream & red one just like that but by Schwinn and I love it, I just recently bought a black wire basket for it and put it on… To have a water and few items I need!! Thanks for the pattern Pamela!

10. 2nana50 says:

Oops I forgot to say… Love the wedding pix… Congrats…

11. Ruthie Peterburg says:

Beautiful wedding photos. Love all your blocks especially this one.