The Project Tracker

MBS-project-tracker-featured-image

Do you need some help keeping your quilting projects organized? Do you buy the perfect binding fabric for your quilt only to forget about it and buy more? Oda May has a solution for you.

Introducing the Project Tracker!

MBS-project-tracker

Designed with quilters in mind, this printable will help you keep track of everything you need to get that quilt completed. Print it, fill it out as you go, and keep it with your project. If you’re like me and you like to let some projects age in a closet for a few months (or years!), this project tracker will help you start back up again without missing a beat.

Grab your copy {here}.

Happy Sewing!

signature_odamay

Oda May

Oda May

The Moda Bake Shop is a division of Moda Fabrics that provides online recipes which you can use with the wide range of Moda Pre-cuts. All sizes and types of projects will be featured from various designers and shops. Tutorials for various Moda projects sheets will be illustrated with step by step pictures. Some techniques and products will also be featured throughout, so check back often for what is "baking" here at Moda Fabrics.
Oda May

Latest posts by Oda May (see all)

26 comments on “The Project Tracker

1. Tammy Moad says:

This is awesome! I create my own tracker, but this one looks like it covers everything. Thanks!

2. Connie says:

terrific, great, wonderful, love it, need it, printed it I’m all for organization!!

3. Peggy says:

Thank you for the free download. Looks great.

4. Sharon Barkley says:

Thank You!!! I laughed out loud when I read your comment about the binding, I so did that!!! Your Project Tracker will really help!!!

5. Geri Van Dale Alper says:

What a great idea!!! I usually keep fabrics that I have matched up together in a 2 gallon ziploc bag. If I have seen a pattern I think would work with them, I rip off a sheet of paper and jot it down.This sheet will now go into the bag, listing fabric amounts, pattern name, where the pattern is located, etc. The rest can be filled out when I start the project. Thanx!!!

6. Terrie says:

Wonderful, just what I need!

7. Thanks for sharing, Oda May! I do something similar, but yours look better. I store them in sheet protectors in a 3-ring binder.

8. Great! Thank you. I made a list for my current project, but I have some UFO’s that I could use for this.

9. Suzanne Kempton says:

Thank you so much, a great idea.

10. coleandtaffy says:

This is perfect – I sometimes have real trouble keeping track of my WIPs! Thanks so much!

11. cruisefan says:

I keep my UFOs in the biggest size ziplock bags with little pieces of paper of “how to”.
    It works, but does not look great – also, those papers seem to get lost….
    Plus: I have the same “binding problem”….(where is that thing hiding? Can’t find it- guess I have to get more)…..
    Your idea looks so much better- I will print those sheets and keep this as a “must do for rainy days”

It can only get better with storing!

Thanks!!

12. Bethanie says:

Thanks so much! This is perfect!!!!

13. Bj says:

Id like that in an app please I lose paper!

14. Jillian says:

this is great for busy freelancers or bloggers πŸ˜‰ love this idea.

Jillian – http://www.cupofcharisma.com

15. Melinda says:

Thank you so much. This looks awesome.

16. Brilliant! Thank you! Going to run a few dozen copies and start organizing my sewing room!
    I can’t wait to start fondling all those gorgeous fabric lines, dreaming of the possibilities and making notes for each one!

17. Susan Hartwell says:

Just what I need – great idea. Thank you.

18. Marly says:

Thank you! I’m using my first print out already!

19. Sue J. says:

Great idea, better than the system I’ve been using! My little pieces of paper seem to disappear.

20. Sew Happy says:

I love it. To the person who said- β€œI love as a app.” just try it as a paper thing. Paper does work. You hit β€œprint” and pin it to some fabric.
    Happy Creating.

21. I like the idea of keeping these in a folder (or binder- I’ll have to see just how many UFOs I have!) πŸ™‚ Once they are put away in bags or project cases to “age”, I forget that I have them! I can see myself being able to go through the binder periodically to find a “new” project to work on. Maybe I’ll actually finish some of my UFOs! Thanks for the form.
    I added a link to this form on my guild’s website, adding the following suggestion: the next time you go on a shop hop where you feel you “must” buy something from each shop, check the UFO folder/binder to see if there are projects that need binding, borders, or backing. Then you can go on the shop hop with a plan to buy something you actually NEED. Also, the “Notes” section at the bottom of the form might be a good place to stick a few swatches of the fabrics you already have for the quilt so you can match (or contrast) the fabrics you need to buy for borders, binding or backing.

22. daisyandjack says:

um just so awesome Oda – best project planner ever – thanks so much !!

23. Robin Wright says:

Love this!! I have many UFOs that this will be great for! Thank you!!!

24. Wowzers! A customer brought a binder in today with these sheets. I went beezerk. Is that a word? Love this!! Thank you for sharing such a neat tool.

25. Barbara F says:

Love this planner. It’s so easy to get lost. Details of the receiver, and maybe a photo to go in your album, and you’ll always remember that quilt

26. M says:

This is beautiful. Thank you for sharing.