Holiday Wishes

mbs-wishes

The holiday season is upon us!  If you’re like me, you boxed up those fall table runners and turkey wall hangings the day after Thanksgiving and started getting the Christmas decorations out. My tree is trimmed and glowing! My shopping is done and now I can focus on cookies, fireside sitting, and sewing up the last of the handmade gifts for my loved ones this year.

What are your wishes for Christmas? Is is something for yourself or a family member? Maybe you’re not thinking of something that can be wrapped up with a bow. Let us know in the comments and check back in throughout the month to see small, quick-sew projects that make great gifts and to hear our Chefs’ wishes, too.  You might just find yourself with a little something for your stocking from me.

signature_odamay

Oda May

Oda May

The Moda Bake Shop is a division of Moda Fabrics that provides online recipes which you can use with the wide range of Moda Pre-cuts. All sizes and types of projects will be featured from various designers and shops. Tutorials for various Moda projects sheets will be illustrated with step by step pictures. Some techniques and products will also be featured throughout, so check back often for what is "baking" here at Moda Fabrics.
Oda May

Latest posts by Oda May (see all)

88 comments on “Holiday Wishes

1. EllenB says:

I wish our country could have a peaceful holiday season, without drama or crimes. I’m just now starting some gifty stitching and can’t wait to see what kind of quick projects you’ve come up with!

2. Susan Lane says:

My wishes are for a joyous season for all. I also wish to have all my gifts sewn up, packaged up and have them arrive to my family on time. Love this time of year!!

3. Rosemaryflower says:

I agree with EllenB:
    Let’s just have some peace. everyone behave, be nice and grow up.

I also wish every quilter, and any one that loves a quilter, to have a wonderful holiday, and a very prosperous 2017. I love Christmas.

4. Betty says:

My wish is everyone will go back to the old timy Christmas when we realized the true meaning of the reason for the Season. The Messihah had come and that we would love people and not have so much hate in our hearts. I also wish everyone at Moda a Merry Christmas and than you all for what you do for us Quilters every year

5. My wish is that I have enough money this year to not have to choose between paying rent and all our bills on time or having money to buy enough groceries. I wish that the little children across the world wouldn’t suffer. I wish there wasn’t war anywhere. I wish all humans here in the u.s. And abroad had equal rights and basic access to healthcare.

6. Marie says:

My wish is for everyone to have peace and love. To spend some time with my grandsons and son. And to hear from my daughter, it’s been 3 years since I last saw her and spoke to her.

• Gloria says:

So sorry about your daughter. Our eldest son left a year ago October and all we know is he and his family are somewhere in Oregon. He didn’t stop to say good bye and we have not heard a word, since the one text saying he was there

• pam roever says:

Marie and Gloria, I am sorry about your daughter and your son and family. I hope they find it in their hearts to let you know they are safe and happy. Pam

7. Pat T. says:

My wish is for Love and Peace to fill the hearts of all people, everywhere… !!!

(I’m looking forward to seeing what little projects you share with us! This is such a special time of year… and your Chefs do have such delightful ideas!)
    Thank you!!
    Pat T.

8. quiltingtn says:

Here in the Southeast, we have been plagued with forest fires and drought. What I’d like more than anything else is to see rain. Lots and lots of rain, so the fire fighters that are here can go home and spend the holidays with their families. So my well will be full again and I don’t have to worry about water everytime I turn on the faucet. God bless everyone at Moda. I hope your holidays are filled with everything you desire.

• Kathleen Bergin Fey says:

I agree. We’re in western NC, and so very grateful for the firefighters who have worked so hard to save homes and forests and lives. God bless them!

9. Martha Mumaw says:

I wish everyone would let Trump settle in and get on with the job at hand and stop whining about things not going their way.

10. Cecilia says:

My wish is for everyone in my family to be healthy and to be able to see all of my children and grandchildren this Christmas. I’m still working on a few handmade gifts and would love to have a few more quick gift ideas.

11. I wish I could do more to make my daughter’s last Christmas at home special before she goes to boot camp. Granted she doesn’t leave until August, but time flies. She is joining the Air Force.

• pam roever says:

Congratulations to your daughter. My son left for San Antonio in Sept. He graduated in November and was an Honor Graduate. Top ten percent of 870. We are so proud. He has already been thru 5 years of college and then kinda flitted around for awhile.
      I guess I just want you to know she will be fine and do great. Congratulations and thank your daughter for her service.
      Oh, and if it is at all possible for you to attend graduation, you must go! It is awesome to watch. And you will be surprised at how much they change!!

12. Virginia Marien says:

My wish for Christmas is for peace in my family and through-out the world.And of course sewing projects!!!!

13. Trish S says:

My wish is to find time to relax when I can and enjoy the season. I have a few days where I will be able to sew up a few holiday things. Now that the house is decked I have a feel where I could use a little handmade something to freshen up a spot. I forgot I had taken advantage of some fabric sales after Christmas last year and so when I was going through what Christmas fabrics I had I was pleasantly surprised to find them. They are teals pinks and reds.

14. Hannah Dukes says:

I have to say my wish has already come true! I was a longarm quilter for 12+ years, straight out of high school, but I always wanted to be a Mommy. Last year I met and married a widower with two precious children … My 5 year old daughter and I now share the same name, Hannah! Teaching them to sew and seeing how much fun they have with it (my 8 year old son is making little quilts for his grandmas this year, all by himself!) has been such a delight for me!

15. Kathleen says:

My wish is for peace, peach in our homes, our neighborhoods, our cities and our nation. I wish also for peace in our world, especially in the war torn regions.

16. Kay Mccaffery says:

My wish is for damaged relationships be repaired. Some of the newest Moda Fabric would be a wonderful bonus!

17. Kristine S Dauth says:

My wish is peace for all and improved health in the coming year.

18. Diane Calvi says:

I would love to learn how to applique. I am trying to make a quilt for my second great grandchild baby girl. I am making her a quilt with elephants on it. You see I am 71 y/o and have 9 children, 9 grandchildren and 2 great grandchildren. My husband passed away 8 yrs ago but I have a lot of children to take care of me. I have made each of those children a quilt but I have never appliqued a quilt. I would be so happy if you could help me! Thanks for listening!

• Beth LaMotte says:

I learned to machine appliqué by taking two classes with Pat Sloan last February. She is a great instructor and also has a Teach Me To Appliqué book that is great for anyone wanting to learn to appliqué. You would really enjoy it.

19. Dottie K says:

I wish for plenty of scraps to be donated to my quilty friend and I so we may make more quilts for children. We do this all year long and it’s so much fun. We don’t get to see who the recipients are but it sure is a wonderful gift to give knowing they can have a made-with-love quilt to snuggle under wherever they are. May the sick get better, the homeless have a safe home, and the maltreated enjoy safety and loving care.

20. Gwynette in NW Arkansas says:

My wish was granted when a new president who has not made politics his livelihood was elected. I’m looking forward to a new year of creating quilts for my family and friends.

21. Wendy says:

My wish is to be able to spend some time with family and do some quilting over the holiday season.

22. lynnmade says:

Oh dear Oda,
    I love Christmas! I listen to Christmas all year long. I love having Thanksgiving the month before this special season of love and giving. I make appliqued original Christmas stockings for each of my kids and now my Grandchildren. Our last son got married this summer and we had another Granddaughter so… as soon as I finish teaching at the Quilt Shop, then mailing all my presents out… stockings are next on the list. They come in on the 20th… I have plenty of time …right? 🙂
    Merry Christmas to each of you and thank you for all you share throughout the year! It is inspiring!
    Lynn Woodard

23. Charlene says:

My wish is for an end to terrorism.

24. annehaun says:

My wish is that my baby grand daughter will receive a good report from her doctor. She has hip dysplasia and has been in a brace for seven months. The doctor will decide mid December is surgery will be necessary. Surgery means a body cast which will be very difficult for her and her mom and dad.

25. Judi Cabanaw says:

I wish for ALL to have a great holiday season…I do start decorating right after Thanksgiving, my goal is no ROOM without a Chirstmas.. I always seek out Moda fabric when i visit my favorite shops/

26. Connie says:

That God’s will would be done the world over….

27. susanvad says:

I would like to have love put in the hearts of all those who fell unloved.

28. Janice says:

I’ve spent the last few months quilting for 5 new grand babies. 2 are here – well and strong. My greatest wish is that the last 3 will arrive safely in the next two weeks.

29. Cleary Kipe says:

I’m hoping for a bit of snow this year, would be nice to see a white Christmas, but it is Florida so I doubt it will happen. I also want my family to be okay, going though a bit of hard things right now.
    Merry Christmas to you all!

30. Susan says:

Family photos and lots of family time.

31. Lea Anne Brummett says:

My wish would be for moms long battle with terminal cancer to end peacefully.

32. ecsokmay says:

My wish is that we relax and take the time to enjoy the season, especially why we celebrate Christmas. . . The birth of our LORD and SAVIOUR, JESUS CHRIST. Merry Christmas.

33. Lisa Crawford says:

My wish is to remember the true meaning of Christmas, share it with others and spend time with my family.

34. Karen says:

Peace! May we all remember the real meaning of Christmas!!!!

35. Beth LaMotte says:

Peace on earth and good will to ALL.

36. Sandy A in St. Louis says:

My secret wish is for a white Christmas. It has been quite a few years since we have actually had snow on Christmas day. We usually get it in January instead.

37. Jean Corday says:

My family is going to have a very quiet Christmas season. My son Jason, 31 years old died August 25, 2016 and I desperately miss him. He loved everything about Christmas.

38. Boo Koen says:

Time with family and friends and my sewing machine!

39. Laure Trimmer says:

I wish my holiday preparations were even halfway as far along as yours are!

40. Chrissy says:

My wish is for peace on earth and an end to terrorism forever!

41. Lorraine McCarthy says:

Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays to all. Thanks Moda for all the lovely quilt patterns supplied this year. We have not even started the decorations yet, but will be real soon.

42. Kay McDonald says:

I would like my family to put the election behind us and move forward with a positive attitude.

43. Joy says:

my wish for the last family member searching for a job to find a good one 🙂

44. Nancy Hutchison says:

I WISH FOR WORLD PEACE. This is my first truly alone Christmas. I am a widow, and my children are far away, I am going to visit my daughter in France (she is teaching english) with my son in January, and I dread this Christmas alone. Thankful for friends.

45. Doris Gardner says:

Health and happiness for my family and friends.

46. Lara says:

I am thankful for family. What I want for Christmas is to learn how to machine quilt. I do not have a quilt shop that offers any classes on weekends. Trying to self teach has been a bit frustrating… Thank you for all the ideas this year!

47. hlmcneely says:

Reading all these posts just makes me realize we need God in our lives. I pray for those who just lost everything in fires and tornadoes. I pray for our troops serving near and far. I pray for our veterans who have been left behind. I pray for all broken marriages that they can find a way to be kind to each other. I pray for the children all alone in the system. I pray for the ill the dying the lonely the hurting. I pray they find their outlet like so many of us who quilt not just for our family’s but for the QOV or QBB. I need to get back into quilting for these great organizations. Peace, no war, no hate, no hunger, no violence will not end until Jesus returns but God can heal all these issues. May all of you be blessed, may you hear from lost family, may we forgive others.

I did put up my tree the day after thanksgiving. I have been receiving gifts I ordered, I am actually wrapping as they come in. Woo hoo. I pray peace on earth and a true understanding of the season.

God bless you all, love this wonderful group.

Hollie in Texas.

48. Siobhan says:

My wish is for time. Time to get those lights and decorations up. Time to make all sorts of wonderful creations to gift and share. And time to enjoy the season with friends and loved ones.

49. Susan says:

My wish is for world peace and understanding and respect for each other. I also wish for a kidney and pancreas transplant for my nephew. I also wish I could lose some weight.

50. Diane N says:

My wish for this Christmas is for our family to thoroughly enjoy what will be our last Christmas all together for a while.

51. judireiss says:

I wish we could all,begin to be civil to each other again. It seems that civility is not valued but being rude, belligerent and all knowing is how people behave. Goodwill to man is the words of the season. I wish we all,would put those words into actions.

52. Livia Boggs says:

With my Dad passing in October it is going to be a rough Christmas for my Mom. My only wish is to take her mind from greiving for a while and enjoy all of the love that is surrounding her.

53. Kristy says:

My wish is for a healthy pregnancy and baby for my daughter….she has given us two very sweet grandsons, and we are looking forward to another baby to cuddle and shower with love…..and quilts!

54. I’d love for all animals searching for homes this season get paired with loving and wonderful people who know nothing else but love and affection for those babies.

55. Karen Nelson says:

My wish is for anyone fighting cancer would find a cure.

56. Eileen Maher says:

Peace and good health and love you neighbor…..these are my wishes!
    Eileen

57. Julie Gass says:

My wish for Christmas is for a world in which all people, regardless of race, religion, political ideologies or cultural differences can find a way to live together side by side in peace and in harmony.
    We all have so much to give, and so much to learn from each other.
    Imagine what a rich and beautiful place the world would be.
    I wish you all what I hope and pray for every day, hope and happiness, love and laughter, peace and joy.
    At Christmas, and always.

58. Tara A says:

My wish is to spend Christmas with my husband this year. So far, it looks like it will be fulfilled.

59. Danette Roundy says:

I wish my husband could find a match so he could get a kidney transplant soon! He’s tired of dialysis and would love to return to work! This is what is constantly is on our family’s mind! I hope my daughter also finds a donor for herself!

60. Carol says:

For me a Christmas wish would be that everyone would be at peace on Christmas Day. We have an Autistic grandson and finding a gift is always a perfect struggle. I pray it is not the gift but for the gift of love to be understood. Thank-you.

61. Barb says:

Respect for nature and the environment.

62. Kathy Luehrs says:

my wish is for my family – we suffered a tragic loss this year when my counsin’s 18 year old grandson passed away from a asthma attack – to keep everyone safe and to enjoy life

63. Doreen says:

I want peace for the world!! And to finish some of my UFO’s.

64. blg2240 says:

My wish is that the reason we celebrate Christmas would be the first thing that folks remember. God has given us so much and we forget to be thankful for our lives. It is rough for many of us, but we’ll make it. May God Bless each and everyone and guide our leaders to do the right thing. There are so many things I’m happy to have and yet I forget to say thank you. A small thing, but thank you to all the folks at Moda who brighten my quilting day.

65. Tiffany says:

I wish for the strength to be the best mom possible for my children! And I also wish to find a way to be an instrument of peace.

66. Trisch S says:

I wish for more time to spend with the people I love and to remember to do less and love more. Merry Christmas.

67. Mary says:

I wish everyone’s problems would all work out!

68. Nita says:

For everyone: I wish for peace of mind, silly grins and giggles, and a moment of breath taking wonder at the beauty that surrounds us.

69. Barb Czarniecki says:

the house is decorated and I have a few more bindings to finish, then it is on to cookies!! I love the smells of the holidays!

70. SDBMcLaughlin says:

I wish all the people around me know the gratitude I have that they are such lovely people. I wish this season to be the season of Nice. Hold the door for someone or smile and say hello.

71. LaRue Cole says:

I wish for peace and a little more time to finish my quilts. Next week looks to be cold and snowy here in Nebraska so is great cookie baking weather.

72. Michele Cais says:

My wish is that all the wishes made come true for everyone. A hand made Christmas is always appreciated at my home. God Bless everyone!

73. jane says:

Seriously? You’re all ready for Christmas? I guess I better get a list and check it twice— then get on Amazon! No fires here, maybe a few wishes for sharp needles, easy threading, and perfect seams, (just this once!!) Merry Christmas

74. Seana P. says:

My wish is for a FREE BOM mystery club, anything in the works for 2017? But really just peace on earth would be a dream come true.

75. Jen B says:

I would like to have a “good” day with my illness so I can enjoy christmas, rather than be stuck in bed feeling ill.

76. JoAnne T. says:

My wish for Christmas is that a friend who lives hundreds of miles away from me and has no family near her would get well. She is having horrible medical problems and has no income because she cannot work. She needs a new place to live and has a two year old daughter. It’s difficult to think cheery Christmas thoughts when there isn’t much I can do to help her. The little things I can make her will not help. I wish, I wish, I wish…

77. Lisa says:

My Christmas wish is to share some time with my family in Michigan, but also to get my sewing machine back from the repair shop before leaving to see my family

78. lesa prevost says:

my wish is that my family/children will not loose our farm especially at christmas. we’ve been renting from consol (COAL CO) since 2006, and they were going to burn the 1803 house down. In the last few months. they have been up for auction.. no notice…. nothing and we do not have 1st chance like promised if anything happens. unlike regular homes. there are many animals, machinery, ect we need to find a home for. Not to mention the 180,000 and sweat and tears we put into this place just to make it safe and livable! honestly, quilting and sewing are the only thing keeping me from having the nervous breakdown i fear is coming. please pray for us, Cant wait to start bee utiful qal to keep my mind busy.

We love to hear from you...