WEEK 11: Catch a Break

This is part 11 of a 13 part quilt-along series.  Find the rest of the posts in this series by clicking on the links at the end of this post.

This is the week I’ve been promising since we started this quilt-along TEN weeks ago! Yep, this is catch-up week. And we are going to take this time to enjoy some of the in-progress quilts you all have been sharing on Facebook. We will also be sharing some hacks from readers – these are things to make the blocks easier or to customize. So sit back and enjoy!

Today we are simply sharing the links to the blocks as well as a checklist of how many of each block to make (download and print the checklist below – it’s this week’s Printer Friendly file).

WEEK 1: Intro to QAL + Fabric Reqs
WEEK 2: Prairie Rose Garden + 8 Applesauce Cross
WEEK 3: Tropical Punch + 6 Applesauce Cross
WEEK 4: Churn Dash
WEEK 5: Figgy Pudding + 6 Applesauce Cross
WEEK 6: Delectable Flowers
WEEK 7a: Alternate Delectable Flowers
WEEK 7b: Applesauce Cross
WEEK 8: Stacks of Stars
WEEK 9: ‘Nough Said
WEEK 10: Summer Dreamin’
WEEK 11:  Catch a Break  {this post}

If you haven’t already, be sure to join our Facebook group to see some actually FINISHED quilts from speedy sewers in the group (like the one shown in the cover photo by MBS Baker Dawn Willard shared yesterday in the group). There are plenty of people still sewing so stop by for inspiration and motivation, too. We are in the home stretch.

Oda May

Oda May

The Moda Bake Shop is a division of Moda Fabrics that provides online recipes which you can use with the wide range of Moda Pre-cuts. All sizes and types of projects will be featured from various designers and shops. Tutorials for various Moda projects sheets will be illustrated with step by step pictures. Some techniques and products will also be featured throughout, so check back often for what is "baking" here at Moda Fabrics.
Oda May

Latest posts by Oda May (see all)

16 comments on “WEEK 11: Catch a Break

1. Cynthia gottlueb says:

Some of us don’t have Facebook. Maybe you could show off these quilts thru email?

2. cruisefan says:

I gave up on this project, too many corrections after I’ve cut!
    Good luck to those who had the nerve to continue.
    And then this:
    Why showing on facebook?
    Not everybody wants to join that social media.

• Lisa Calle says:

I’m sorry you are having so many problems.

The quilts are being shown on Facebook and Instagram because that is where the makers are sharing them with the rest of us.

• Brenda says:

Why are you still posting if you gave up??

• bonnie knuckey says:

I had a lot of issues too…but I wasn’t going to stop when I had already invested my fabric, so now I’m done with the top, and it’s quite a lot different than the beginning directions. 🙂 It will still be warm and cozy when I complete quilting it! NO UFO! Keep going-just replace the block you have trouble with and move on!

3. ArtsyOne says:

Another person here who doesn’t do Facebook.

4. Terry Greenstreet says:

Boy you can’t catch a break from some of these people. Enjoying the experience!

5. Kimberly Nagle says:

Enjoying the quilt a long! Thank you for putting it together. I sure don’t understand all of the negative comments…my mother always told me, “If you don’t have anything nice to say then don’t say it”.

• M says:

Sorry Kimberly,but inaccurate measurements and wrong directions need to be addressed for those who like to follow precise,careful directions

• Gillian says:

Especially when this being organised by one of the largest and best know fabric companies in the business! The Moda guest patterns are nearly always spot on and I love them for that. Moda definitely gets a “Could do better” mark from me for this project. Still love their fabrics!

6. Carolyn Knight says:

I have got to catch up. Have the last two blocks cut out. Now to sew them.

7. Liz Ramscar says:

I too do not do Facebook. I think there are quite a few of us.

8. Kathleen says:

I see some comments about inaccuracies in the instructions. I haven’t participated but plan on saving the instructions. My question is, have the inaccuracies been addressed in the downloadable instructions? Love the quilt shown in this post. I don’t do facebook either but can probably find the instagram photos. Thank you!

9. Wanetha says:

I, too, would like to know if the corrections have been made…. one pdf to cover various corrections would be great. Have been saving the patterns and would like to make the quilt in the future, but would be hesitant to start if directions are so questionable.

10. Linda says:

I’d rather have PDFs. I don’t like having to go thru Facebook to search for all the links. PDFs are fast and easy. No searching.
    Also, have corrections been made on the patterns?

We love to hear from you...